As well as being a romantic occasion between a couple (if you have the time or energy for romance) it becomes a chance for parent and child to show their affection.
A great way to get kids involved is by making love bugs together, to give to Mum or Dad – or even grandparents.
What you’ll need:
- A toilet roll tube
- A sheet of pink card
- Purple crepe paper / paint
- Two pipe cleaners
- Decorate heart stickers / foam pieces
- A felt tip pen
- Cover the toilet roll tube with purple paper, or paint it
- Cut two large hearts out of the piece of card
- Attach with tape or glue to either side of the body
- Draw a face on the top of the tube
- Stick two pipe cleaners on the head to make antennae
- Write a Valentine message such as “You make my heart flutter” or “From your little love bug” on one of the wings
Simple, and a great way to include your children in the February 14th tradition.